Castle Square Apartments is an award-winning property located in the South End, Boston, MA. The property consists of 500 apartments situated on 11 acres. Castle Square Apartments has received numerous landscaping awards over the years.
Winn Companies is seeking to hire an experienced landscaper responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping grounds within and the surrounding property including interior and exterior planters.
- Care for established and new lawns, watering flowers, weeding, planting, removing, pruning and edging around flower beds, walks, interior and exterior building lobbies.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, and shrubs and apply mulch for protection using garden tools.
- Decorate gardens with stones and plants.
- Follow planned landscaped designs throughout the property to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flower and shrubs.
- Receives each day's assigned work from the Superintendent on a weekly work schedule and completes a daily work slip given to superintendent at the end of the work day.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all planting tools, trimmers and edging.
- Receives training as needed with regard to the best methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities in order to satisfy company standards.
- Performs assigned indoor work during inclement weather and at other times as needed. May include light cleaning.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Wears the prescribed company uniform at all times during working hours.
- Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Superintendent, Assistant Manager or Property Manager. Duties may include light maintenance.
- Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Superintendent.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Previous experience in landscaping
Anticipated Work Schedule:
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Seasonal position, April - September 2017
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.